Friday, May 4, 2007

The Netherlands, May '06

A beautiful building in Amsterdam. I took this a year ago so I don't remember if it is the train station or a museum...
The Dutch countryside. OH HOW I LOVE IT. Notice it is rather flat. That dark line in the distance is a small forest.

Wolken-or in English; clouds. I believe the clouds in the Netherlands are the most beautiful in the world. They are one of the defining features in many paintings by the Dutch masters.

This is a house in Frankendeal Park in Amstel, a city very close to Amsterdam. I was about to spend the day with my friend Zamira and she showed me a piece of her world. This house is in the park but has been rented at times by students. I wouldn't mind spending a semester living in an amazing house in the middle of a beautiful park.
Two of my favorite men; Dad and Opa. I think they look very similar in this picture.

A beautiful canal in Amsterdam. My Dad and I spent a Sunday afternoon there. We were guided by two guys from our church in Amsterdam. Baas, prepared a tour just for us and some other visitors at the Amsterdam museum. Then he and Jap showed us around the city and we had dinner at a very tasty restaurant.


These two churches were just outside the hotel in which I stayed while visiting Opa in Nijmegen, a city that is over 2000 years old!
My very cool cousin and myself. I can't wait to see her again this summer!
Another shot from Amsterdam. Note the VERY small red car. Can we please follow this example?

No comments: